Crowdfunding of the First Book
This book is planned to be released in the last quarter of 2018.
I will put all my efforts to answer to this deadline. However, I will not hesitate to push it a little bit further if it is to deliver a better result!
Find more details about the intention of the books on this page and below the details of the funding.
The idea behind this book is to provide Foreigners and Mongolians with a touch of culture that tends to be forgotten, and portray the philosophy and lifestyle of Mongolian's ancestors. I intend to take on this challenge by sharing, explaining, and translating songs and texts, that I feel represent those specific Mongolian's Traits.
This book has a big responsibility and aim for a high quality standard! In order to reach this goal, A LOT of time is spent in investigation, research, and verification, sometime with up to five or six persons, to be sure to catch everything and to stay as true as possible with the original Mongolian meaning and feeling.
Table of Contents
Proverbs - (7)
- Аз жаргал - Joyfulness - 2 verses.
- Заяа - Destiny - 1 verse.
- Морин Хуур - Morin Huur - 2 verses.
- Тэвчээр - Patience - 2 verses.
- Урам - Enthusiasm - 2 verses.
- Хууртай Монгол - The instrument of Mongolia - 4 verses.
- Хүсэл - Desire - 4 verses.
Poems - (5)
- Би Монгол Хүн by Чойжилын Чимид - I am Mongol by Chimid Choijil - 84 verses.
- Гал Голомт - Fireplace - 4 verses.
- Гурван Эрдэнэ by Данигайн Давааням - The Precious Three by Davaanyam Danigai - 6 verses.
- Миний Эжий by Дашдоржийн Нацагдорж - My Mother by Natsagdorj Dashdorj - 4 verses.
- Морин Хуур by Мишигийн Цэдэндорж - Morin Huur by Tsedendorj Mishig - 68 verses.
Legend - (1)
- Балчин хээрийн домог - The Balchin Heer legend - 45 verses.
Magtaal - (3)
- Галшарын магтаал - Praise of the horse of Galshar - 38 verses.
- Баянхонгор магтаал - Praise of Bayanhongor - 8 verses.
- Увс аймгийн магтаал - Praise of the region of Uvs - 8 verses.
Oral Tradition - (2)
- Овоо Тойроход - Turn around the Cairn - 6 verses.
- Савын Гурван Гэм - Three Flaws of a Cup. - 3 paragraphs.
Bogino Duu - (4)
- Авгын цагаан уул (Үзэмчин) - The White Mountain of Avga (Uzemchin) - 12 verses.
- Булигаар хүрэн цүнх - The Brown Leather Bag - 8 verses.
- Дөрвөн уул - The Four Mountains - 12 verses.
- Самгалдай (Цаатан) - Samgaldai (Tsaatan) - 12 verses.
Urtiin Duu - (11)
- Алиа саарал - Alia Saaral - 12 verses.
- Асрын өндөр - Asriin undur - 12 verses.
- Жаахан шарга (Дарьганга) - Jaahan Sharga (Dariganga) - 82 verses.
- Өнчин цагаан ботго - The White Orphaned Baby Camel - 60 verses.
- Сэрүүн сайхан хангай - Fresh and Beautiful Hangai - 29 verses.
- Саруул Тал - Placid Steppe - 12 verses.
- Тунгалаг тамир - Tungalag Tamir - 12 verses.
- Уяхан замбуу тивийн наран - Uyahan zambuu tiwiin naran - 16 verses.
- Хүний мөс - Morality - 4 verses.
- Цомбон туурайтай хүрэн (Бэсрэг) - Tsombon Tuuraitai Hvren (Besreg) - 24 verses.
- Эрдэнэ засгийн унага - The Foal of "Erdene Zasag" - 24 verses.
How would the book looks?
One book, Two editions.
You can see below few examples from book I already own and from which I was inspired. I really want the book to give an impression of Mongolia.
Designed for students, researchers, or people that focus more on the content than the appearance.
This edition will have cheaper paper, a soft cover, and no decoration within the pages.
Designed for people who also like a pretty object. It can also make a great gift to introduce the culture to your friends or family.
This edition will have a hard clothed cover and a high quality paper printed in colour. The page will be decorated with Mongolian ornaments.
How the funding will be spent?
Find below the financing goal we need to reach in order to release the book.
NB: A lot of money is being saved, thanks to the people who helps me with the Research, the Editing, and the Proofreading. The money set for those activity is set from my own will to pay the people who are actually supporting me for free.
In addition, the Mongol bichig writing, the scanning work, the two book design and the coordination of all collaborators are all for free, for I'm handling those aspects of the production.
|Research - (to support the volunteers who helps)||300€|
|Editing - (to support the volunteers who helps)||300€|
|Proof Reading - (to support the volunteers who helps)||300€|
|Books Registration Fee (ISBN) (for the two editions)||30€|
|Printing of the Affordable edition||650€|
|Printing of the Luxury edition||2200€|
|Material for the calligraphy rewards (paper, frame, gold paint)||200€|
The extra money from a goal surplus will be shared between the people who volunteered to support me in that adventure (research, editing, proofreading). I don't intend to get any money from this funding.
All the time and efforts spent, are driven by love, passion, and a will to share.
I will update you as the steps are being achieved.
Of course, as I want to provide a product of great quality this time table might evolve a little bit.
|September 2017||Content Selection||Done|
|November 2017||Research the context and meaning of the texts||Done|
|December 2017||Make a first rough English translation||Done|
|March 2018||Edit the rough English translation||60%|
|April 2018||Make the French translation||20%|
|May 2018||Redact the context, description in the four language||40%|
|June 2018||Triple check all the content with revered scholars||Standby|
|August 2018||Design the affordable edition||Standby|
|September 2018||Design the luxury edition||Standby|
|September 2018||Write all the Mongol Bichig by brush||Standby|
|November 2018||Print and deliver||Standby|
Find below the counterpart for the contribution.
- 6€ The book in its digital version (sent by email).
- 12€ The book in its soft cover edition, signed (shipping cost included - 8€ for the book and 4€ for the shipping).
- 26€ The book in its luxury edition, signed (shipping cost included - 19€ for the book and 7€ for the shipping).
- 50€ An original handwritten calligraphy of one of the texts included in the book (up to 8 lines) - Limited to 14 pieces - (shipping cost not included).
- 80€ An original handwritten calligraphy of one of the texts included in the book (from 9 to 16 lines) - Limited to 9 pieces - (shipping cost not included).
- 125€ An original handwritten calligraphy of one of the texts included in the book (from 17 to 48 lines) - Limited to 4 pieces - (shipping cost not included).
- 250€ An original handwritten calligraphy of one of the texts included in the book (more than 49 lines) - Limited to 4 pieces - (shipping cost not included).
NB: The calligraphy are written on high quality paper by brush an ink.I also plan to make golden decoration on each piece once the scan is done. Of course, it will be a pleasure to help you choose the text that would fit you the most.
The shipping cost is not included for the calligraphy reward! We will need to check together the shipping option (tracked and secure, or without track and simple). As the weight and size of each calligraphy will be different, the shipping cost can't be predicted yet. I think it might be between 40 and 120€!
Please accept my heartfelt gratitude
for your consideration!
Thanks to your generous support this adventure can move forward!